Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tell the Twins I should win the "All You Can Tweet Seats"!

It's been an eternity since I've blogged, I know. And I have several things I should blog about. I will try REALLY hard to do that soon. :)

In the meantime, I'm asking my faithful followers to help me out. The Twins are hosting a "Twins All You Can Tweet Seats" contest, and I've applied. Basically, they are going to choose one person to take over the Twins' Twitter account to live tweet the September 26 game.

(If that sounded like gibberish, basically, the Twins have roughly 172,000 people who "follow" them on Twitter. The winner of this contest gets to tweet to the followers [think texting over the internet] throughout the game. And the tickets are paid for by the Twins! #bonus [the "#" is called a hashtag and...oh, never mind.)

Seriously, do you know anyone more fit for the contest than me? Passion for baseball, knowledge of the game, Twins Tweeter and a love for Minnesota's Boys of Summer - I've got it all covered!

I submitted an application for the contest. I hope to win! I also think that showing my social media prowess can't hurt. So, if you want to help me out, try one of the following:
  1. Tweet the @Twins and tell them to choose @PMinell for the "Twins All You Can Tweet Seats" contest
    THIS IS THE BEST OPTION
  2. Send the Minnesota Twins a Facebook message or comment and tell them to pick @PMinell for the "Twins All You Can Tweet Seats" contest
  3. Email keithbeise@twinsbaseball.com (he's listed as the "Coordinator, Social Media" on www.twinsbaseball.com) and tell him the @Twins should pick me.
If you are wondering if I am the best candidate, you'll see my application responses below. Thanks for your consideration!

APPLICATION QUESTIONS & RESPONSES

Why should the Twins choose YOU to sit in the All You Can Tweet Seats? (500 words or less)

I love the #MNTwins and I love to tweet about them!! Check out my Tweets. They're almost exclusively about the Twins. #obsessed
 
I'm followed by @Twins, @TPlouffe24, @KirbyPuckettJr_, @963KTwin & @GameOnTVMN. As you probably know, that's the organization, the third baseman, the son of one of the #HOF Twins greats, the flagship radio station and one of the "K-Twin Final Call" hosts. Those are some significant followers. #tweeps #followers #entourage.
 
I've been known to live tweet the game as I listen to it on the radio. Check out my tweets - it's like I've practiced for this already. ;) #putmeincoach #takemeouttotheballgame
 
I'm positive about the @Twins on Twitter because I love to cheer for my favorite @MLB #boysofsummer. I'm proud to be a fan, even if the season isn't ending how we'd hoped. #readyfornextyear #MiLBpotential #watchoutALCentral
 
Also, I used to blog about the Twins on www.puckettspond.com (@PuckettsPond), a www.fansided.com site. So, I have experience commenting on and analyzing Twins baseball. You can ask @AaronJSomers, Editorial Director @FanSidedMLB if you'd like a reference. #therealdeal
 
Oh, and #TargetField is my favorite place. #happyplace #heavenonearth #alwaysstaythroughthelastout
 
You can count on me to be a positive, knowledgeable and savvy voice for the Minnesota Twins' twitter account. #pickme
 
What, if anything, would you change about the way the @Twins tweet? (100 words or less)
More tweeted game video! For example, I was listening on Sept 11 & heard Gardy’s ejection. I wanted to see it; the Gameday video showed most of the conversation but not the actual ejection. I felt cheated.
 
Most importantly, I think the @Twins should "live tweet" games. ESPN sends text score updates to my phone, but that doesn't cover plays like @Twins could. Also, I subscribe to the paid version of the MLB13 app. However, sometimes I don’t want the generic MLB notes, I want a quick summary of the game from the Twins' perspective.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment